Monday, July 12, 2010

2010 Achievement Show

It's FAIR time!  Growing up on the farm, my brothers and I were involved in 4-H, showing pigs, sheep, cattle, chickens, goats, possibly ducks...anyway you get the idea!  Jacob and Andy had a great fair...see below.
My two brothers, Jacob on the left, and Andy on the right, in the showring.
Greta likes the fair too :-)

Here is Jacob with his steer he showed.  He got reserve champion showmanship in the interemdiate division.  Way to go Jake!  He named his steer Sasquatch...

Here is Andy with his steer, Red...yes very original!

Here is Jacob with his chickens...I believe he got champion market chicken...

Here is Andy with his broilers, I believe he got reserve champion.

Here is Jacob showing his pigs.

Andy had a cornfield that he grew and then he had to keep track of all of his expenses, when he cultivated, planted, etc., and at fair he had to bring a few stalks of corn, which were then judged.  This is his second year winning overall in Field Crops. 


Just another day at the fair! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! I read each and every one of them! :) Thanks so much!