Monday, July 19, 2010

Happenings at the Herrick home...

Well, this week is starting off kind of interesting...I put in my two weeks at Sherwin-Williams! Yes, it was a very hard decision...but I am content. We had recently been told we now had to be open on Sundays. This did not sit well with me. I have a rather large family, whom I like to spend time with, and weekends are one of the only times I get a chance to do this. I decided to start looking the same day we were told we had to be open, and by luck their was a sales/office manager position for Nashua Monument Works in Nashua! How lucky could have I been! It seemed to good to be true, but I applied. Out of nearly 20 applicants, I got the job! It didn't take me to long to decide to take it...no Sundays, and a 8:30-5 workday during the week, and 9-12 on Saturdays. It was perfect. I am really excited to get into something else and learn another trade. I will of course miss a lot of the contractors in Charles City, and my boss, Jen. We have joked that we are sisters in a different life, and I honestly believe that is true. She was a great boss!! Anthony, our part-timer, wasn't to bad either! =)


In other news...I'm going to have another sister-in-law!!! My brother-in-law, Adam asked his girlfriend, Bridget, to marry him yesterday! How awesome is that! They are the sweetest couple ever! I have gotten really close to Bridget these past two years, and I am soooo happy to be able to call her one of my sisters! They have been together for almost 8 years! WOwza! It was about time!! Best wishes to the both of them!! They have decided to get married in the summer of 2011...can't wait!!

Adam and Bridget :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! I read each and every one of them! :) Thanks so much!