Monday, October 25, 2010

Have you ever been in Aldi's?

This weekend, Jason and I went down to Cedar Falls to The Runner's Flat to get some new running shoes.
If you are into running, or are getting into it, check this place out! I highly reccomend them.  What you do is you go here and they put you into a "neutral" shoe.  Then you run in them on a treadmill while they videotape your feet and ankles.  They then explain to you what could be fixed for getting a better workout/run.  The girl helping me showed me the video, and how I was turning my left ankle in.  It was really interesting to see how they chose the shoes that I ended up buying.  I needed more support since my ankle was being weird.  Today, I decided to walk in them and noticed after 2 minutes that my left foot felt different.  She had explained that my foot was used to a different shoe pattern, so it might take some time getting used to...I hope not tooo long!  Jason got a new pair too, so we are set to run! 

After getting our shoes, we went to Buffalo Wild Wings in Cedar Falls.  Have you ever had BWW?  If not get there ASAP! 

We both had the boneless wings and ribs...they were AWESOME!!  Can't go wrong with B-Dubs!!

After eating, and listening to the crazy ISU/Iowa fans cheering on their teams, we decided to just go over to Aldi's which was right across from BWW to buy groceries.  We had planned on hitting up Wal-Mart, but sometimes I just don't feel like going there...does anyone else feel this way or is it just me?  I always end up buying stuff I don't need there it seems.  So we went to Aldi's. 

If there was one of these closer to me, I would buy from them everytime!  When I was little and my family had 6 young children, and my mom would shop here.  I remember sometimes having two carts full of groceries.  I new Aldi was cheap, but didn't realize how cheap it was to shop here.  Jason and I walked out of that store just $68 dollars less than what we came in with.  It was a STEAL!  I'm telling you, try shopping here for your groceries!  We got everything we should need for a loooong time!  Jason hadn't been in an Aldi for a long time, and when we checked out he was like, "Thank you!" to the checker, I gave him a look like "Oh my gosh, Jason."  and the checker kinda looked at him weird too.  It cracked me up, then that's all he talked about as we were leaving the store..."Only 68 dollars!  That would have been over 100 dollars at Wal-Mart!"

Sorry for my boring weekend post today...I'm going to eat my 37 cent yogurt from Aldi's now, toodle-loo!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! I read each and every one of them! :) Thanks so much!