Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Recipe Wednesday...I didn't forget!

Recipe Wednesday
Well, I made last weeks recipe (Cannoli French Toast), but used some different ingredients for filling. 
Check it out!
Have you ever had Greek yogurt?  It has a different consistency than regular yogurt, more creamy I guess, thicker for sure.  Anyway, I used one of these instead of the ricotta that the recipe called for.  This was a strawberry yogurt, and it made breakfast awesome!  I didn't add any powdered sugar to the filling because the yogurt was already sweet.

Sprinkled with powdered sugar...yum!

Just the right consistency for Cannoli French Toast!  I have also used the plain Greek yogurt in place of mayo when I make tuna and chicken salad.  It takes out ALL the fat!  And my husband couldn't tell the difference! 
My favorite thing about Greek yogurt is how much protein is in 5oz...10 grams!  That's huge!  With only 80 calories this is a great product to use!

Ok, on to the real star of this post...this weeks RECIPE!

Monster Cookies...who doesn't love them?!  I adore monster cookies!  I found this recipe and noticed that it does NOT contain corn syrup, not something I have seen before, and it also has zero flour, only oatmeal, and oatmeal is a whole grain...so they must be healthy right?? Are you with me! So I tried it! 
These. Cookies. Rocked. 
They were still chewy, with a crunchy outside...and the batch makes a TON! 


I put M&M's, chocolate chips, and Jason wanted to put in chocolate covered raisins, so we did...and they were a hit!  Here's the recipe!

Monster Cookies

1C. softened butter
2 C. brown sugar
2 C. granulated sugar
18 oz. peanut butter (I use creamy)
6 eggs
4 t. baking soda
9 C. quick cooking oatmeal
12 oz. of chocolate chips
8 oz. M&M's
optional
1 C. raisins
1/2 C. walnuts

Cream butter and sugars together; mix in pb, eggs, and baking soda until smooth.  Stir in oatmeal, then stir in choc. chips, M&M's, and raisins/walnuts if desired.

Drop by heaping spoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 10-12 minutes.  These cookies can be frozen very well...it makes a lot of them so watch out! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! I read each and every one of them! :) Thanks so much!