Friday, October 29, 2010

Tomorrow I am 23!

We turn not older with the years, but newer every day. 
-Emily Dickinson
Hello, this is my first EVER birthday blog post!  Tomorrow<---I almost always spell this word wrong...never fails...back to what I was talking about... (Saturday, October 30th) I will be the old young age of 23!!!  Jason was giving me crap about it this morning until I reminded him he will 29 in March...yep stopped him mid sentence...it was epic :) 

I am looking forward to a fun/packed weekend!  Tonight, Jason and I are going to my parents house to celebrate with cake, ice cream, etc.  Tomorrow I have to work until 11 and then drive the cheerleaders down to Cedar Falls for a cheerleading invite, and then we are going to Jason's parents for a bit, and then we are hitting up Halloween party our friend is hosting...should be a fun actual  birthday day!  On Sunday we will be chilling at the Herrick house in CC with the rest of the family.  My niece Cici's birthday is the same day as mine, she's such a little sweetheart :) 

I thought about what I was going to blog about for my birthday today and yesterday, and I kept coming back to realizing how blessed and fortunate I am.  Most days I don't have a minute to stop and think or be thankful for all I have been given.  Today, I am doing just that.  So, here's the list:
  • being at a job where I work in the same town I live in, and loving my job!
  • having 2 wonderful cats to brighten my day when I come home.
  • living close to my large and crazy family :) 
  • getting to be a cheer coach for N-P, they rock my socks off and I couldn't ask for a better group of girls to have this much fun with!
  • being where I am today, married, college degree, working, happy.
  • living simply, but enjoying small treasures as needed.
  • baking anything, I love my oven!
  • being here, alive, healthy, spontaneous, thoughtful, positive.
  • friends who know just the right words to make my day bright.
  • being satisfied, with life in general.
  • hot cocoa, mochas, cappachinos, hot drinks with chocolate...yes I can be thankful for this!
  • my husband, the man of my dreams, who supports me through everything, and my very best friend. 
This list could go on and on....life is good, 23 is great!  I am satisfied...what more could I want?  God has blessed me beyond belief...life, love, and happiness All I need is what I have...
Happy Birthday to ME!

Whatever with the past has gone, the best is always yet to come.
-Lucy Larcom

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday!!! I turn 26 on Thursday! Just like you my husband is OLD so I will always be young! Hahaha. I'm thinking about having a few people over next Friday. I'll have Dustin call Jason if we decided to do it.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment! I read each and every one of them! :) Thanks so much!