Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Christmastime is here...

do you have all your cards sent?

are the presents wrapped and under the tree?

is the baking done and ready to be eaten? 

is the tree trimmed?

is the sidewalk shoveled?

is the wreath hung on the door?

are you ready for this?

or, have you maybe forgot the true meaning of Christmas? 

Sometimes, it's ok to forget about all those things I mentioned above, the cards, presents, tree, and shoveling.  Think about this Christmas and those who mean so very much to you.  Material things should not have a hold of your heart...that iPod you have been hoping for, or that pair of earrings you have been hinting about are things that will be forgotten much faster than the memories you have made with the people you love. Think about all God has blessed you with.  Where would we be if God hadn't sent his son to Earth?  When you think about it that way, presents don't really make sense anymore do they?   
If you still are not really getting what I mean, check out this video, Linus has a clear meaning of what the season means...



After being so very busy these past few weeks with work, cheerleading, Jason with school, wrestling meets and basketball games, and teaching religion, I can hardly wait for tomorrow.  Why?  I have nothing planned that I need to be at.  I have the entire evening to be with the one person who understands me better than anyone in the world.  Who wouldn't want that for Christmas?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! I read each and every one of them! :) Thanks so much!