Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Years Resolution...

Do you make New Year's Resolutions? 

I used to...

They would last approximately a week...maybe two if I was lucky.

Then they would be done. 

Usually it involved eating more healthy and exercising...yes I know...how original am I?

This year I think I had my New Year's Resolution come to life in the middle of the year, August to be exact.  I needed something different in my life...something new, less stressful, and maybe a little more rewarding.  My life has changed so much in the past 5 months, yet been the same as well...funny how things work out that way.  After switching jobs in August, I have been happier...found more joy in life, and appreciated everything I have a little more.  I started taking care of myself by exercising with my husband everyday, I found myself being thankful more often.  I helped coach a group of cheerleaders to a state title, I ran a 7 mile cross country race.  I celebrated one year of marriage with my husband, Jason.  And Jason went back to college this August as well.  I have found a great outlet and spot to take my thoughts...here...on this blog. 

I will not have a New Year's Resolution this year...

I am going to continue doing what makes me happy.

-Celebrate the little joys in life.
-Coach cheerleading.
-Bake and cook more.
-Read books.
-Live in the moment.
-Be spontaneous.
-Pray more.
-Take care of myself.
-Make memories.

No pressure this year to keep a New Year's Resolution for more than a week...I made a Life Resolution, and it's really been working out great for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! I read each and every one of them! :) Thanks so much!