Saturday, February 19, 2011

30 Day Challenge....Day 14.

Day 14-something you are insecure about.

I worry a lot.  I don't know why.  I can't think of a certain thing I am entirely completely insecure about though.  I can work through a lot of things on my own, and learn. 

I get insecure about work.  I freak if something small goes wrong, or if I make a mistake, I tend to dwell and dwell and dwell on how dumb I was for making that mistake.  I think I expect A LOT more of myself than I should sometimes...especially if I am unfamiliar with a situation. 

I used to think I had to make everyone happy, satisfied.  That never worked.  And I learned that I can beat myself up about it all I want, but their will always be someone out there that will not agree with me or not be happy with me or my decisions. 

I learned to stop thinking like this. 

I started thinking about how I felt about a situation...not how it would effect others.

And then,

I realized how much I had been missing.

And I haven't looked back. 

Day 14 quote-a quote from a favorite author.

"If you're holding out for universal popularity, I'm afraid you will be in this cabin for a very long time."
-J. K. Rowling

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! I read each and every one of them! :) Thanks so much!