Thursday, February 24, 2011

30 day challenge...Day 18.

Day 18-discuss your greatest fear and your greatest dream.

Greatest fear-I believe I have already discussed this one a few days back...not being happy, but as to not bore you with more of that mumbo jumbo, I came up with something else.  Settling for less.  Not feeling worthy enough to pursue, deserve, or ask for more or something else in my life.  Some call it "throwing in the towel" when they are done, but ultimately, you are settling for less. 

I have come to love and think of this quote often... "Life's only limitations are the ones you accept."

Some may argue that my "greatest fear" is not something to really be afraid of.  Well, here are some of my other fears...snakes, spiders, strange noises in the night, horror movies, death, the list can go on and on.  The difference is that I can avoid these things...and I do.  And sure I can avoid settling for less, but sometimes, life throws curve balls, and giving in just seems easier.  So "settling for less" is definitely something that I would be afraid of...something I would fear.  Why?  Because I know that if I ever have to settle for less, I am in trouble.  I am letting my good and better judgement of my own character slide downward.  I would be certainly letting myself down, slipping away from who I am. 

Greatest dream-Contentment, being happy, and living life to the fullest.  Having all the joy in the world, wherever I may be, in the palm of my hand. 

Day 18 quote-Life's challenges are not supposed to paralyze you, their supposed to help you discover who you are.
-Anonymous

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! I read each and every one of them! :) Thanks so much!