Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Recipe Wednesday

Recipe Wednesday

I got this recipe from my sister-in-law Holly!  It's a meal that will last all week in your lunch box if you take your lunch to work like I do.  It was fantastic and I can't wait to make it again! :-)
After it is done in the oven...camera flashes and tinfoil do not mix!
Best. Sandwich. EVER! 

Stuffed Deli Sandwich

1 loaf french bread
1/2 lb. thin sliced deli ham (honey ham)
1/2 lb. thin sliced turkey (peppered s best)
1/2 lb. thin sliced roast beef
Deli swiss cheese to cover the length of bread
1-2 cans of drained mushrooms

Topping
1 stick of butter
2 tsp. minced onion
1/2 tsp. lemon juice
1 tsp. dry mustard
ground rosemary

Cut bread lengthwise.  Stack meat, mushrooms, and cheese on the bottom half of the loaf.  Top with other bread 1/2.  Put in tin foil pouch or make your own pouch...make sure that you have it sealed up tight on the bottom if you make your own.  Melt butter and add rest of topping ingredients and blend well.  Pour butter mixture over bread in foil.  Wrap up well and bake @ 350 degrees for 35-40 min. 
*Next time I make it, I will probably just do a spread or something different with the topping...not sure yet!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! I read each and every one of them! :) Thanks so much!