Saturday, April 30, 2011

Scenes of our backyard...

Flowers are blooming...

This one is gorgeous.  It's the only red one that has bloomed so far.  The picture does it no justice!

Our tree is blooming too! :)

I can't wait till all of these little buds open up! 


The rhubarb is looking fabulous!  Jason and his brother Andy are going to try and make Rhubarb Wine this summer!  We will FOR SURE have enough rhubarb!

This, right here, is Jason's pride and joy!  His asparagus!  He goes out there every single day to check on it!  We were blessed to have a large area of this already going strong in the backyard when we moved into this house.

My tulips that I planted when we moved in...tulips are SO easy, just plant the bulb and every year after that, they come up and are simply gorgeous!  These are about to bloom any day now!  I want to fill my backyard with them!!  But I have a feeling Jason won't be so crazy about that...maybe just a corner? ;)

The daffodils are also coming in stong!  The weather has sure been harsh on them though!  Notice they are all kind of leaning over, it got a little windy the day I was taking pictures.  But nevertheless, they prevail, through wind, rain, snow, and continue to bloom!

I would totally pick some and put them on my kitchen table, but my cats would eat them!  Yep, my cats are cool like that! :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We went to the Fireman's Dance last night after going out to eat with some friends in Cedar Falls.  Have you ever been to Sakura?  Great place to eat and have entertainment too! :)  They have a big grill you sit around and they make your rice, noodles, veggies, and meat right their in front of you!  The chefs, grill masters, whatever you call them, make it really interesting with their spatualas and do all kinds of tricks with the food!  It's a little more expensive, but totally worth it! 

I also wanted to let all my readers know that my friend is now an salesperson for Miche!  I had never heard of this brand before, but it is a bag that you can buy different shells for!  If you want to match your purse to your outfit, just change the outer shell!  And the bags are so so CUTE!  She gave me a brochure and I really want all of them!  She hosts parties too, so let me know if anyone is interested and I will tell you how to get in touch with her!
Now I just have to convince my husband that I "need" to get one! :) 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We are off to Jason's brother Adam's college graduation ceremony from Waldorf College this afternoon! Stay tuned for some pictures of the proud grad and all the happenings!
Enjoy your weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! I read each and every one of them! :) Thanks so much!