Wednesday, June 8, 2011

On my mind...

My job continually reminds me how short life is on this precious Earth, and today was no different.

I have the utmost respect for families that have a family member who is diagnosed with a terminal illness or cancer.

Or for those whose baby has died in childbirth or at a young age.

They stand strong.  They respect their family members wishes.  They are there for them. 

To me, this has to be the hardest job to endure, yet, they are doing what they can.  And that's what matters. 

Being on the outside, I don't usually know their story.  I just see them, for who they are, right now. 

I find it hard to put into words on what I want to convey through this post.  The people I have met through this job, my customers, will forever change my outlook on life. 

To smile and joke with me, when you aren't sure if you will be alive in the next 45 days, shakes me to my inner core.  I am amazed at the strength and courage these people possess. 

I am inspired. 

Today, I stopped.  I stepped back.  And I said thank you. 

My life, all 23 years, has been amazing.  Simply put, perfect.

I couldn't have asked for anything more.  I am so very blessed.

Remember and celebrate every day, milestone, moment.  Life is short. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! I read each and every one of them! :) Thanks so much!