Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Recipe Wednesday.

Recipe Wednesday

Brownies.....

They seriously make my day...

And I TRY to stay away from them...

Because otherwise I usually eat WAYYY more than I should. 

So, my best advice to you if you happen to swoon over brownies as I do...make a pan, take them to somewhere that will have lots of hungry people, eat one, let them eat the rest. 

I made these for my mom's birthday cake...her birthday was on the 9th, Sunday.  I have 4 brothers and 1 little sister...the brownies disappeared quick. 

My plan worked!

Also, I have one kind of boxed brownie that I truly love...it's a Hershey's kind...otherwise...not a fan of the boxed variety...I like to be able to pronounce what is going into my food.  And when you make things homemade, this is possible!

Ok, here it is.

Molly's Most Absolutely Favorite Brownies
In a glass mixing bowl, combine:
• 3/4 cups melted Butter
• 4 squares un-sweetened baking Chocolate ( I used cocoa, the crossover is on the side of the cocoa container.)
Microwave Butter and Chocolate until melted (on high about 2 minutes)

Add:
• 2 cups Sugar, then mix
• 3 large Eggs, then mix
• 1 tsp. Vanilla
• 1 cup Flour, then mix
• 1 cup large Walnut pieces and chunks of premium-grade Bar Chocolate (Gently fold in – don’t over-mix)

Stir Sugar into Chocolate until well blended – stir in Eggs and Vanilla, mix in Flour, stir in Nuts and Bar Chocolate. Pour into a 9×13 buttered baking dish and bake 30-35 minutes and 350° (325° in glass pan), until toothpick in center comes out with fudgy crumbs (do not over-bake).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! I read each and every one of them! :) Thanks so much!