Saturday, April 9, 2011

DIY Baby Shower Gift

I am attending a baby shower for my cousin, Lydia and her husband, Berto on Sunday!  They had a little girl in March and named her Amelia Kay Uribe!  Isn't that just the prettiest name?  I think so!

I, as you know, do not have any children.  So when I got to the baby aisles, I was beside myself...their was SO much stuff to choose from, and I had no idea what to choose!  I wandered, picked up random things, and then walked past a rack of wooden letters.  They caught my eye and I instantly knew what I was going to do..and here is what I did!

Supplies:
-Mod Podge-about 2 ounces-
-a foam brush-
unicorns and glitter....or just glitter! I used a multi colored one, but if you are making this for a boy, you could do just blue glitter or blue/silver...
and your letters...it doesn't matter what color they come as, you will be coating all of the surface area, so no color will show, only glitter.

The process:
Mix up your glitter and Mod Podge.  As stated above, I used around 2 oz. of Mod Podge and then a lot of glitter...not so much that it became hard to work with, but a lot. 

Apply your first coat using the foam brush.  I don't have a picture of this part, but just be prepared for your first coat to not look fabulous.  You will be building up the layers of the glitter and Mod Podge, so it will look good at the end, the first coat just spreads kind of thin. 

I applied 3 coats to my letters, and I thought that was an ample amount.

Here is my finished product, I apologize for the picture quality. 
All done!
I think they turned out really good!  I plan on glittering more things in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! I read each and every one of them! :) Thanks so much!