Sunday, February 6, 2011

30 day challenge....day 4.

Day 4--Your most significant childhood memory.--I have soooo many memories, but this one for some reason I have been thinking a lot about.

I remember on Christmas day 1993, my brothers, Kevin and Scott and I were playing with and putting together all of our new toys and looking at all of our new clothes we had gotten from Santa  My little brother Andy had been born in August and he was born early.  He hadn't developed his lungs fully and was struggling with RSV.  I remember seeing my mom getting ready and me asking why she was leaving.  I was so excited and wanted to show her all of my toys and stuff, but she said she had to leave to be with Andy.  I was upset, but knew Andy needed help to, so I said goodbye and she was on her way.  Andy nearly died from RSV.  My parents told me they would go and talk to him while he was in the incubator or oxygen thingy, and he would smile, but they knew his body was fighting, and it just wasn't winning.  This went on for awhile but Andy never gave up.  He miraculously got better little by little.  I don't know how long he was in the hospital.  But soon, Andy got to come home. 

He's a fighter, that's for sure!

But he's a good kid too.  :-)


Day 4 quote--a quote about family.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! I read each and every one of them! :) Thanks so much!